Thursday, July 20, 2006

Good bye Indonesia, Welcome USA!

A month after our wedding (June 2003), my husband went back to USA and I stayed in Surabaya. My husband hired a lawyer to prepare my visa. We sent documents back and forth. On August I got a mail from US embassy in Jakarta saying that the file was in processing. It was a big surprise cuz we didn't expect it to be that fast! It rather scared me too since I took care of my mom who had been bedrest for almost 7years of stroke. But God had His own plan. He called my mom on September 15th. Only a week after, I got another letter from US embassy for interview. I had to stay in Jakarta for 3 days. I passed the interview and they mailed my pasport with visa stamp to me so i didn't need to stay longer in Jakarta.
I left my hometown Surabaya, Indonesia on Tuesday, January 25, 2005. It was so sad that I had to leave all my families and friends. There were bunch of people leaded me to the international gate, including 4 of my bestfriends, with their families. We hugged and kissed, lots of tears too, like it was the end. Inside, I had to re-pack my check-in bagage. You won't believe I have 2 big boxes, 2 big suitcases, and yet still carry my backpack too! I had to pay extra for my excess bagage. Gosh!
It was a very long journey! 36 hours, including 10 hours transit in Hong Kong (I'd better say I was trapped he..he..). And finally, arrived in San Fransisco at nite on January 26, 2005 (US time). Finished with immigration procedure without any trouble (thank God!), I pushed my full-loaded trolley to exit gate. Two officers checked on my documents and offered me a lift if I can't find my hubby. Nice guys!
Happy and anxious, I looked around for the face I know so well. And it didn't take long, cuz my hubby, Loel, was standing right next to the door! We hugged and kissed. Finally, our awaiting was done!

1 Comments:

At 5:10 PM, Blogger Fida Abbott said...

Hi Maria, I am so glad finally you created a new blog again and I hope you start being active member and this is good to promote your non profite organization.

Welcome aboard.
Fida

 

Post a Comment

<< Home